Thursday, November 11, 2010

Something Blue...for Swirlydoos....

I had this grey and turquoise color scheme...that I thought..."What am I going to do with this?"  As far as I was concerned it was too contemporary (anything that is not romantic or flowery is contemporary to me...lol).  Then I started to play with the paper...and was pleasantly pleased with my outcome.  Honestly the pictures don't do this page justice!
Here is how it started!  
First I took a plate and traced the scallop edge onto the paper.  I then cut out part of the circle...and then did some free form cutting around the black swirly pattern.  Then I stamped (using the stamps I carved) onto the paper with Stazon Jet black.  This really looked good I thought...since there was already black on the paper!  Next I inked the edges with Ranger's distress ink in Weathered Wood.  I distressed all edges with my scissors...and then used some water to distress the edges even further.  I then re-inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire (Ranger's).  Finally I gave it an all over mist of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist (also by Ranger).  This gave it an all over platinum like glitz!  Looks much better in real life!
This is a close up of the glitz...and one of my stamp images...and distressing.
Here are the turquoise flowers...that got a mist of that glitz too!  They look really great...and unfortunately so does the rice krispy treat that just happened to be sitting on a paper plate that I decided I needed...so as not to get glitz all over my table...lol.
I placed this page on top of another piece that I inked the edges in the same manner..and distressed with scissors only.  Just ignore that center circle...I am saving that for something else.  You will also see the tiny roses to the right...they were plain white...and got some glitz too!  Way Kewl!
Here is the finished page.
Close ups below!
Most of the elements for this layout came from my November Kit "Simply Irresistible" from Swirlydoos.  I will be thanking all my Swirly Sista's for inspiring me to go "Outside my Box."
The Artisan Elements open circle frame was painted black.  I used Ranger's Perfect Medium pen and wrote "family"..and then used some perfect peals.  The tiny frame (from my kit) is by Recollections.  
 Here you can see one of the tickets that I altered with my stamp and inked just like the rest of the paper.  I used my Silhouette SD to cut out the butterflies...which I inked and stamped.  The larger butterflies were stamped and inked the same as the rest of the paper....but the smaller ones (black) on top were embossed with gold.  I did the same with the Dusty Attic piece to the right.  If you double click and open the picture, you will see that there is a tiny butterfly on the upper left side.  I used one of the little beaded drops from the trim...for it's body. The silvery vine is just some Christmas picks that I bought at JoAnns, and picked apart.  The tiny bird and scrolls came from my best friends scrapbook store....they were embossed with black..and then glitzed with the Heirloom gold.
This is the last close up ...of the flowers..and Butterfly.
The charms...all came from the clearance section in the bead isle at Michaels.  Thanks for looking!  I hope this inspires you to go out of your comfort zone...and try something new! 
If you find that you like my last few layouts...you may just want to hit the Swirlydoos blinkie ..located in the upper left sidebar of my blog...and get yourself a kit from their store.  You won't be sorry!
Hugs! 

4 comments:

  1. Heather, this turned out totally awesome!! I love it!! So much mist distressing and you managed to pull the whole LO together as if everything was made for each other...Well, you see, it really is!! Great job working out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! Those flowers turned out fantastic!!! Absolutely love this!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMW>...I'm SPEECHLESS....this LO is BEYOND GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome~what creativity!! Glad u joined!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather