Monday, June 06, 2011

My June Bella Unique DT piece for Bella Creations

This month at Bella Creations 
our Bella Unique challenge was to use this tutorial by 
to create a beautiful wired ribbon flower.
Let me just say...my flower was REALLY BIG!
So I had to think of what I was going to do with it!
I went shopping in my basement and found this below
I have all kinds of treasures sitting in my basement...attic...garage.  This little drawer was attached to a vanity table...and the two side sets of drawers are now end tables at my mother's house (how she talked me into that....I don't know).
(lots of giggling going on here...I could have a resale shop).
I thought I would start out with my favorite color combo and do a little painting,
Oh...look...she added some leaves...LOL.  Guess that gives away what I might be doing with my BIG FLOWER!
(actually I love the flower)
Here is a close up...little shading and tinting never hurts...
Even though...my flower will cover most of the leaves...I still had to have them.
Here is the flower....
I did go ahead and do some distressing to my drawer.  I made up a glaze to give it an old French look.  I added some ball feet for it to sit on.
Here it is....front view!
Then I figured for the inside...I would add some 
Karen had a special post about a friend of hers who had recently passed away ...from Cancer.  So Sad.  Karen re-posted some images that he had given her to share with us.  I thought I would use those inside my drawer.
Here is a close up of the images.
I just added a Love Quote in this fabulous Marriage Certificate.
One last close up
I will use some matt modge podge on this.  This lovely will hold my special milk glass vases and antique blue mason jars that I store my brushes in.  It will be displayed in my currently disasterous creative space!
Have an awesome Day!
I just found a new place to link up...check them out...lots of inspiration!!!
passionatelyartistic

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Heather, this is drop dead gorgeous! Love altered stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work , beautiful
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous piece Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing project Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you rock GIRL..........love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Heather, great what can be done with a single drawer :)) I like it a lot! The paint and the images are very nice and I do like the flower also. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great piece of altered art. Wonderful flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Heather this is just absolutly amazing and totally rocks...wow, you r just so creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather