Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cassandra's Tag Swap Victorian Floral Boot

Hello Friends :-)
Today I have a gorgeous tag that I created to swap with a 
I started out with images from both Gecko Galz and the
Graphics Fairy to create a Collage paper doll and die cuts
with my Silhouette SD.  I am also sharing this with the
FlutterbyWednesday Challenge (Great inspiration there...so please check it out).   
Here is my tag below.
The Victorian boot with flowers and Part of the Butterfly Fairy that I created are Gecko Galz images.  The flowers in the Fairies' hair and on her waist, and bumble bee are from the Graphic's Fairy. Here is a close up below.
I used gold jewelry wire to create the hanger on this tag so Cassandra can hang it on her Christmas tree if she likes.  I just love Christmas..and having many trees with beautiful ornaments.  I applied Stream Alchol ink to the back of a Ranger fragment and stamped my flower stamp with Stazon jet black on the front to add a little hangy embellie.  I did this for my Sister DT member Micupoftea's Voila ink challenge this month at Bella Creations.
I inked all edges of my tag with Ranger's vintage photo.  I used some trims and stick pin from this month's kit
I added the little flat back pearls from the kit to the buttons on the boot to add a little depth.  I also painted some leaves in the lower left using Delta acrylics in Wedgewood green and shaded with Dark Forest Green.  My first love it tole painting so it only seemed natural to add a little painting to this tag for Cassandra.  Lucky me, over at The Flying Unicorn there are a few challenges I will be entering this beauty in.  One challenge being a Bella DT Member 
Helene's Challenge:  Pocket.  You can just barely tell above that I created a pocket on the boot to hold some stick pins I created.
Of course..the tag itself is a pocket...because my little Butterfly Fairy
comes out as well...and can be used as a separate ornie.  
Here you can see the fabulous stick pins I created.  One has the graphic fairy bumble bee on it (two bumble bee die cuts glued back to back with the stick pin between them).  The Fairy arms, head and legs all are from this month's new Gecko Galz Ephemera sets.  I created the bodice image myself :-)
Here is a peek at the back below
It is identical to the front, just flat..no pearls or pockets.  I did paint some leaves, and my name :-)
One more up close of the back.
I will add the date to the back and a little wire hanger on the Butterfly Fairy.  I hope Cassandra loves it...because I do!!  

In case you didn't notice, I created a new
 HALLOWEEN BLOG Background
using both Gecko Galz and Grapic Fairy images.
My Halloween Siggy below is starring Frankie our new kitten.
HUGS!!!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project! So many great details and touches. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Heather!! I love it and can't wait to get it!! You are so creative, thank you so much. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative Heather! Such a sweet piece - lucky Cassandra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Heather! Love that boot and that you made it a pocket! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, pretty details, lots of 'Heather' touches, like the colors! SO nice it is dbl sided. SHe will love it~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are extremely talented, Heather! You really created a fabulous, detailed piece that pulled together so many products and challenges. And I love your original blog background! Thanks for entering my Pocket challenge at the flying unicorn! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just so creative Heather! I adore it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Heather this is so beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather