Sunday, March 04, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge Trash to Treasure with Gecko Galz


Hello Friends :0)
I had some time to play today and thought I would share with you my tiny creation.
I started off going to bed last night wondering what to do for the
When I woke up this morning, decided to visit a few blogs and the first one I visited was Sandi's (I tried to link to her exact post, but it would take me to Tammy's Blog, which I will talk about in a minute).  Sandi had created the most adorable vintage girl mini cards. When reading her email I found that she had done them for a 
swap blog called Tabby's Swaps.  So...I hurried over to Tammy's blog and signed up for the swap!  I mean...HELLO...I will get a chance at getting one of Sandi's vintage girl mini cards!  Of course I always have my favorites!!  I couldn't choose between "Violet" and "Bluebell."  
I went to my handy dandy Gecko Galz folder 
(tons of images in there).  Found one I wanted to use, and created a tiny digital image.  It is 1 inch by 3 inches.  We are to create 6 for the swap, and try to keep them flat.   So most of my creativity is in the digital part!!
Here is my recycled Ritz Cracker box below.  Doesn't this just look beautiful on my blog!  LOL
First I cut it up into a bunch of 1 inch by 3 inch pieces.
They asked at Sugar Creek Hollow  that if you had any scraps, to use those too (but not as your trash..that would be cheaten..lol..we all have that kind of trash).  So I found some pieces of my favorite Gecko Galz digital papers that I had goofed with on another project.
Didn't quite have the cut lines right..lol
Here are my little pieces with the Gecko Galz paper on the back.
I inked the edges with Ranger's Fired brick on the pink, and Tumbled glass on the blue.
I used this Gecko Galz image
I couldn't fit them all on there, so I changed it up a little.
I used GIMP to add some pink Swirls, pink flowers in the background, black butterfly wings, some keys (gecko gals) and tiny crown from the Graphic Fairy.  I will be sharing this with 
FlutterbyWednesdays  since I added some wings to make my girl a fairy. The challenge there this week is open, you just have to have a fairy, butterfly or angel on your project.
Here is my creation on paper.
Isn't it just darling!!  It is so vintage yummy!  I used Ranger's Distress ink in Vintage photo for my little "I am inspired" words and  tiny collage.  
Used my favorite May Arts Leaf Trim and Champagne
flatback pearl scraps from Pro 31 Designs.  I had a few vintage trim pieces left over from another project which I cut in half and put in the upper right corner of my creation.
I topped it off with a piece of blingy bling that I had left over.
To add to the "Heathery style"  I used my perfect medium pen from Ranger to outline my piece and used my favorite Perfect Pearls in Perfect Copper.  Gives it a nice glittery vintage look.
I just have 5 more to create.  I think mine will all be the same, since different people will be getting them.  Here is a picture of the back. I used Fired brick on my little words.

So check out Tammy's Vintage Mini Card Swap. I enjoyed creating this so much..I think I will design some more.
See you tomorrow...I hope to have another creation for the
I know if you are one of my online buddies...I know you love vintage...so check it out!!  
Hugs!!
Enjoy your Sunday!
Heather

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun fun challenge! Love everything that you have posted here girl......you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather, how wonderful! Love the beautiful images and your creativity in using them. I love your signature glitter that I am starting to recognize. Thanks so much for joining in again this week and for spreading the word about us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    hugs, Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work Heather.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just so gorgeous and stunning! I LOVE that image! beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Love what you did with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable. Your project is so creative. Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow in our Trash to Treasure challenge, and for sharing this darling project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather